Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Power (and speed) of the Public Voice

Regardless of which side of the ballot you march on, March.
Vote. Be Heard.
The primaries are just that, primary. The campaigns are a long way from over.

Above and beyond that, consider this, please:



Then consider this: The speech was given on January 8th.
The song and the video were produced and hit the streets in less than a month.
Less than a week later it has been seen by more than a million people.

For more information on the creation and publication of yeswecan, go see Slate, or the artist who made it happen, Will.I.am

What happens next? Well, that's up to you and me.

Howver, I'm not talking about your politics, or mine, with this post. I'm not talking about this candidate, or that one.

I'm thinking about the power of the "public voice" -- one technology-enhanced voice,-- any voice, in public, and the same power and technology that can, in turn, give a public one voice.

No comments: