Sunday, January 27, 2008

Lost in the Fifties tonight...

Technology today continues to scream along at light speed, bouncing through one prism after another, each new beam racing away to find a prism of it's own to multiply and fracture itself through.

I was trying to find an example of just how far and how fast personal computing technology has evolved and came across this:



It's from Weezer's "Buddy Holly" video.

(Yeah, I could have embedded it here in the blog, but the posting on You Tube said that the posting, by Universal Media Group, was "embedding was disabled by request." I figured the least we could do was honor that.)









Not quite 15 years ago, this video shipped with Microsoft's Windows 95.

A video that intentionally evoked the fifties, that came with an operating system that now feels like it came from the fifties. I wonder if anybody at Microsoft realized just how many ways this video would "date" the operating system?

And, now that I've given some of you the itch? You can watch the video on You Tube, here.

Go ahead, I won't tell.

No comments: